To conduct innovative clinical and translational emergency care research to advance the health of the people of Wisconsin and beyond.
The research program in the BerbeeWalsh Department of Emergency Medicine is diverse. A few topics are of particular research focus, with significant grant funding, publications, and efforts ongoing. These topic areas include:
Reflecting the wide variety of interests among our faculty members and the faculty’s commitment to academics and advancing science, many other areas of research are ongoing and developing. These topics include emergency department operations, education, global health, and pediatric emergency medicine.
Furthermore, the faculty members in the BerbeeWalsh Department of Emergency Medicine are also highly collaborative, working closely with other departments, centers, and institutes throughout the University of Wisconsin-Madison and beyond. These collaborations are extremely valued and the inclusion of emergency medicine physician-scientists improves the quality and value of multi-disciplinary research. Some of our many collaborations include:
- UW Center for Quality and Productivity Improvement
- UW Department of Radiology
- UW Division of Infectious Disease
- UW Geriatrics and Gerontology
- UW Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
- UW Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Wisconsin Alzheimer's Disease Research Center
- Wisconsin School of Business