Wisconsin Emergency Medicine Research Forum
The 28th annual research forum will be held on April 16, 2020 in Middleton, WI.
This one-day regional research meeting takes place during the Wisconsin American College of Emergency Physicians (WACEP) Spring Symposium. The Forum is intended for emergency medicine physicians, fellows, residents, medical students, nurses, other health care professionals, and researchers.
The Research Forum is presented by the Departments of Emergency Medicine at the University of Wisconsin and the Medical College of Wisconsin in partnership with WACEP. CME is not available for the Research Forum.
Madison Marriott West, 1313 John Q Hammons Drive, Middleton, WI 53562
8:00am Research presentations
11:30am Poster session & lunch
12:30pm WACEP update & awards program
1:00pm Keynote address, David A. Talan, MD, FACEP, FIDSA, UCLA Emergency Medicine
"What I've Learned Studying Infectious Diseases in Emergency Medicine"
Emergency medicine attendings, fellows, residents, medical students, nurses, other healthcare professionals, and researchers are invited to submit abstracts for the April Research Forum. Accepted abstracts will be presented as either a poster or oral presentation followed by a discussion period.
Abstracts will be accepted by email to email@example.com until 5pm CST on Friday, February 14, 2020.
Guidelines for abstract submissions are detailed below:
Please submit abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org as Microsoft Word documents no longer than 350 words.
Abstracts should be structured with:
- Objective or Hypothesis
Submissions must contain:
- Abstract title
- List of author(s), with academic degrees and affiliation(s)
- List any relevant conflicts of interest or notation that "The author(s) have no relevant conflicts of interest."
- Presenter's name and whether they are a faculty member, fellow, resident, student, or other (please specify)
- Willingness to accept either an oral or a poster presentation
WACEP & Research Forum Awards
After the forum, the following will be awarded to individuals with outstanding presentations and career development:
• Best Overall Presentation
• Best Resident/Fellow Presentation
• Best Student Presentation
• Best Poster Presentation
• Best Scholarly Activity Presentation
• Career Development Award
Questions? Please email email@example.com