NBC15 News: UW Health is now offering COVID-19 antibody testing that can help people find out if they have been previously infected by COVID-19. In a video interview with NBC15 News in Madison, Dr. Jeff Pothof, DEM emergency physician and chief quality officer for UW Health, discusses what the test is, how it differs from COVID-19 testing, and who should be tested. Full interview...
Health providers say that patients' insurance company will be billed for a blood draw and antibody testing. Under the CARES Act, health insurance plans cannot assess a cost share to their members.
UW Health is offering the antibody tests in the following locations (patients are required to make an appointment):
- University Hospital (600 Highland Ave)
- UW West Clinic (451 Junction Rd)
- UW East Clinic (5249 East Terrace Dr)
- The American Center Hospital (4602 Eastpark Blvd)
To schedule an appointment:
- Log in to your MyChart account at uwhealthmychart.org and schedule an appointment.
- Those who do not currently have a MyChart account can sign up by going to at uwhealthmychart.org and selecting “Sign Up Now.”
- Those unable to sign up for a MyChart account can call (608) 720-6161 to schedule.