The following scholarly manuscripts were recently published by Department of Emergency Medicine faculty and staff:
1. Panebianco NL, ...Damewood SC, et al. Joint Recommendations and Resources for Clinical Ultrasound Education Amidst the COVID‐19 Era. AEM Education and Training (SAEM). 11 July 2020.
2. Pulia MS, Hekman DJ, Glazer JM, Barclay-Buchanan C, Kuehnel N, Ross JR, Sharp B, Batt R, Patterson BW. Electronic Health Record-Based Surveillance for Community Transmitted COVID-19 in the Emergency Department. Western Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2020.
3. Miles A, ...Pulia MS, et al. Dysphagia Care Across the Continuum: A Multidisciplinary Dysphagia Research Society Taskforce Report of Service-Delivery During the COVID-19 Global Pandemic. Dysphagia. 08 June 2020.
1. Imoehl J, Steuerwald MT, Cathers, AD. A Model Curriculum for a Helicopter Emergency Medicine Services (HEMS) Rotation for Resident Physicians. Journal of Education & Teaching in Emergency Medicine (JetEM). July 2020.
2. Cathers, AD, Forsythe J, Sippel N, Williamson C, Kohler JE, Brazelton TB, Steuerwald MT. Tranexamic Acid Use in Pediatric Hemorrhagic Shock From Farm-Related Trauma: A Case Report. Air Medical Journal. 10 July 2020.
3. Blackwood J, Mancera M, et al. Improving response to out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: The verified responder program pilot. Resuscitation. 2020.
1. Valmadrid LC, Schwei R, Maginot E, Pulia MS. The Impact of Healthcare Provider Relationships and Communication Dynamics on Urinary Tract Infection Management and Antibiotic Utilization for Long-Term Care Facility Residents Treated in the Emergency Department: A Qualitative Study. American Journal of Infection Control. 09 July 2020.
2. Pulia MS, Hesse S, Schwei R, Hamedani AG. Inappropriate Antibiotic Prescribing for Respiratory Conditions Does Not Improve Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Scores in the Emergency Department. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 06 June 2020.
1. Gregorowicz AJ, ...Ward MA, et al. Effect of IV Push Antibiotic Administration on Antibiotic Therapy Delays in Sepsis. Critical Care Medicine. 11 June 2020.
2. Haas NL,...Nicholson AM, et al. An Emergency Department-Based Intensive Care Unit is Associated with Decreased Hospital and Intensive Care Unit Utilization for Diabetic Ketoacidosis. Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2020;58(4):620-626.
3. Haas NL, Nicholson A, Haas MRC. Delusional Parasitosis as presenting symptom of occipital lobe cerebrovascular accident. Am J Emerg Med. 2019;37(10):1990e3-1990e5.
4. Kuttab HI, Wingelaar MJ. Elderly Male With Vision Loss. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 2020;76(2):242,251.
5. Meloy PG, Henn MC, Rutz D, Bhambri A. Eclampsia. JETem. 2020;5(3).
6. Rolland B, Burnside ES, Voils CI, Shah MN, Brasier AR. Enhancing Reproducibility Using Interprofessional Team Best Practices. Journal of Clinical and Translational Science. 2020.
1. Burns WP, Neugarten C. A Palliative Approach to End-Stage COPD. In: Aberger K, Wang D (eds) Palliative Skills for Frontline Clinicians. Springer, Cham. 10 June 2020.
Tags: research, new publications