The BerbeeWalsh Department of Emergency Medicine thanks its faculty and staff for their hard work and dedication over the last ten years. Take a look at some of our amazing highlights!
DEM through the decade (2010 to 2019):
1. Proudly made our way from a DIVISION of Emergency Medicine to the BerbeeWalsh DEPARTMENT of Emergency Medicine.
2. Graduated our first class of EM residents and then grew from six residents per class to a full roster of 12.
3. Developed a research program ranked 9th in the nation for 2018 NIH Research Funding.
4. Expanded educational offerings in specialty areas, including global health, ultrasound, and clinical simulation.
5. Expanded from one UW Med Flight base to THREE.
6. Established two 24/7 physician response vehicles to serve Dane County EMS agencies.
7. Added EM as a required rotation for medical students within SMPH.
8. Successfully matched applicants for our competitive ultrasound and EMS fellowships.
9. Expanded clinical space and sites that allow us to provide exceptional care to more patients.
10. Grew our DEM family to support our clinical and academic missions:
• From 14 faculty to 50+
• From 3 admin staff to 35+
• From 0 APPs to 18+
“The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.” Thank you for supporting the department over the last ten years. With 78 days until the next Match Day, we're looking forward to what (and who!) the new year brings!