Irene (Allie) Hurst, MD, MS
Assistant Professor (CHS, Emergency Medicine & Pediatrics)
- Undergraduate: Lawrence University
- Graduate: The Dartmouth Institute - Master of Clinical Research
- Medical School: Tulane University
- Residency: Northwestern University/McGaw Medical Center
- Fellowship: University of Colorado/Children’s Hospital Colorado - Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Fellowship: University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics - Flight Medicine/Critical Care Transport
Irene “Allie” Hurst is a Pediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM) physician and flight physician consultant with UW Med Flight. She completed her pediatric residency training at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago with Northwestern University, a pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at Children’s Hospital of Colorado through the University of Colorado, and a Med Flight and critical care transport fellowship at the University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics. She also completed a graduate degree in clinical research at The Dartmouth Institute prior to starting medical school.
Her research interests focus on adolescent health, specifically child sex trafficking and substance abuse. She became interested in Med Flight during her PEM fellowship in Colorado and has interests in pediatric critical care retrieval/transport education and operations.
Dr. Hurst’s interests outside of work include bicycle racing, cooking, and surfing Lake Michigan.