Hani Kuttab, MD
Assistant Ultrasound Director, Medical Student Education
Assistant Professor (CHS)
Flight Physician, UW Health Med Flight
- Undergraduate: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Medical School: Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Chicago Medical Center - Chief Resident
- Fellowship: University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics
Dr. Kuttab joins the ultrasound faculty at the University of Wisconsin Department of Emergency Medicine after a one-year fellowship with the department in which he focused on resuscitation in sepsis, ultrasound research, advanced echo applications, and ultrasound in medical education. Having obtained bachelor's degrees in communication and molecular and cellular biology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Dr. Kuttab completed his medical degree at Chicago's Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine. He continued in Chicago for his residency with the University of Chicago Medical Center, serving as chief resident his third year.
Dr. Kuttab is also a flight physician with UW Health Med Flight, continuing to develop portable ultrasound on UW Health's aircraft transport with the goal of improving outcomes for trauma patients. Also involved in community care, Dr. Kuttab is an advocate for health outreach and education in the local community and among underserved populations.
Recent Awards & Honors
- BerbeeWalsh Department of Emergency Medicine EM Faculty Award for Clinical Excellence (2020-21)
- Emergency Medicine Residents' Association (EMRA) Academic Excellence Award (2019)